Thursday 8 December 2016

Kapa Haka - Distinction Can Do #19

Kapa Haka - On Friday the year 4 - 8 students had kapa haka. Once the year 7/8 students had been released from class I grabbed my poi on the way out and started walking over to the hall foyer. Once I got to the hall foyer I took my shoes off and sat them down on a seat. Once I got to the hall I went and sat down in our new lines below the stage. As we were getting ready for the Gala on Friday we went through our gala routine - He Honore, Pa Mai, Ka Wiata and Taitapu. After we had been through this and got it perfected Mrs Baker and Matua came around to make and extra line as all of us weren't going to fit on the stage. Once we had made our new lines we all mixed up then went back into our lines to make sure that we knew where we were standing. After this we went through our routine again and then we were released. The care value that I showed during kapa haka was Respect as I waited quietly whilst they were making new lines even though I wasn't getting moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment