Friday 1 July 2016

Kapa Haka - Excellence Can Do #11

Kapa Haka - Today the year 4 - 8 students had kapa haka. The year 7/8 students got let out of class as soon as we had finished fitness. On my way out of class I grabbed my long poi as we usually practice this a few times at kapa haka. Once I got to the hall foyer I took my shoes off and put them down on the ground. After this I went into the hall and sat down in my line. When Matua Rhihari got there he started to sing He Honore with us. Whilst we were still singing this song Mr Brown and Mrs Baker walked in with the short rakau. After we finished this song we went into our routine for the cultural festival. For this routine we sing the songs Tai Tapu, Tahurihuri and Hareruia. After this Matua asked the year 8 girls line to sing the entrance to pai mai as Hannah wasn't there to do it. We weren't loud enough to sing this so Mr Brown said that we weren't aloud to do long poi. He stuck to his word through the whole kapa haka practice and we didn't get to do long poi. I think that I showed the care value of trying your best because I didn't moan about when we couldn't do long poi.

No comments:

Post a Comment