I can describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.
Over the past 7 weeks I have been learning to describe the characteristics of music from songs of a different time and place.
I can describe these characteristics in a piece of music
- Melody, A series of single notes that are played repetitively in your head.
- Harmony, Different keys of harmony. Note’s that are different that are all played at the same time.
- Rhythm, A song that has repetitive sounds that can change the speed through the song (a car driving down the road).
- Timbre, Sound quality. Special sound that makes each voice of instrument different. Has it’s own tone.
- Form, The music plan how the song is put together.
Here is an example of my learning Example of characteristics in music.