Wednesday 18 May 2016

Kapa Haka

Kapa Haka - On Friday at kapa haka we got to the hall early again! We only got there a few minutes early but it definitely makes a difference. It felt like we were waiting out there forever, as soon as Matua came out I felt relieved we finally got to go in. Once we all got lined up in our rows we started to rehearse Tai Tapu (our school song). We went through this song around two times and then finally went into our groups for hariuria. It took us a while to calm down and actually be quiet as we were all excited. Once we had calmed down we got started practicing. Once we had joined in around halfway through the song we started walking forward this was hard as Mrs Baker wasn't walking with us because she was trying to see how we do by ourselves. I had to focus on my own footwork as the year 4's right at the front were gong at the wrong time. I eventually managed to get into the right rhythm of the beat but I had to do this a lot as the year 4's weren't going at the right time during any of the times we went through our song. Next time I'm going to work on staying in the right rhythm with my footwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment