Friday 16 September 2016

Kapa Haka - Distinction Can Do #5

Kapa Haka - On Friday the year 4 - 8 students had kapa haka. Once the year 7/8 students had been released from class I grabbed my poi on the way out and started walking over to the hall foyer. Once I got to the hall foyer I took my shoes off and sat them down on a seat. Once I had done this I walked into the hall and just stood there as I didn't know what was happening. Suddenly Mr Brown called out to us that we were to sit in our lines facing the stage. This is weird because we usually sit facing the side of the hall. The first song we started singing was Ka Wiata, everyone already new this song as we sing it in Te Reo lessons. After this we started going through Tenei Matau. Once we went through this once we realised that we ahd all forgotten the actions to this new song. After this Matua went through all of the actions with us again as he had noticed that most people had forgotten them. The care value that I showed during kapa haka was ecxellence as I never gave up whilst we were learning the actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment