Friday 12 August 2016

Kapa Haka - Excellence Can Do #17

Kapa Haka - Today the year 4 - 8 students had kapa haka. Kapa haka started early today as Mrs Baker wanted us to practise for the cultral festival. Once the year 7/8 students had been released from class I grabbed my poi on the way out and started walking over to the hall foyer. Once I got to the hall foyer I took my shoes off and put the down on a seat. I quietly walked into the hall as they had already started talking about the cultral festival. As I entered I sat down and started listening to Matua. We started mucking around and singing songs with Matua as Mrs Baker hadn't arrived yet and Mr Brown wasn't at school today. Once Mrs Baker arrived we started talking about the cultral festival again. After this they asked us to go through Hareruia as they wanted to see our lines for this song. Once they had watched us go through it once they sat the year 4's and year 7/8's down as they wanted to change around the lines. Once they had done this we all got back into position and got used to our new lines. Our new lines were good as our line had more people and was easier to move with. After we had practised enough with our new lines we started to go through our whole performance but once we got to Tahurhuri Matua stopped us because he wanted to see who could do the flash poi out of the year 5 and 6's. Once he had seen this he changed these lines around aswell and kept stopping throughout the song so that the year 5/6's could get used to it. After this we went through our whole routine a few times and then the year 7/8's got released as we didn't have to ptactise anything else. I think that I showed the care value of respect as I was respecting the fact that the lines had changed and I just had to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment