Sunday 12 June 2016

Kapa Haka - Excellence Can Do #5

Kapa Haka - On Friday the year 4 to 8 students had kapa haka. As I left class to walk to the hall I grabbed my long poi that I had taken home the week before. Once I arrived at the hall I lined up in my line. I stand next to Kyla and Sam W as the lines goes in hight order. We started off with our school song (Tai Tapu) as we got further through this song Mr Brown and Mrs Baker arrived. We practiced this a few times before we moved on to our next song. We started to practice our transitions after this as we are going to cultural festival this year. We practiced this for a while and then we went outside and practiced our long poi. Once we had gotten the routine sorted out we came back into the hall to practice our long poi with everybody else. On Friday I think I showed the value of being a good role model to others as I didn't talk to the people beside me and I did what I was asked to do straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment